In about five years, we will be returning to Toronto and I want to be able to go home without a mortgage. That means we will have to sell this house and have enough to buy something at home... and the Toronto area is not even close to being inexpensive. So, here are some of the ways that I'm trying to change my ways so that we will be able to be debt free and have enough money to be able to buy what I want and live close to my kids. Here's my list.
1. Eat out less.....
2. Don't buy more shoes that I really need.
3. Buy for Christmas every month
4. No more furniture
5. Buy makeup when you need it, not when you simply want it.
6. If you bring something into the house, something has to go out. (Yes, we have to pay the cost ourselves to go home!
7. Read what is actually on my bookshelves... yes, I tend to buy first and maybe read later...
Well, I'm ready to change my ways! Funny how your priorities change as you get older.